Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Yet Another Lengthy Delay

Have I told you how much I love my job right now?
I still haven't gotten the hang of forcing myself to post on a semi-regular basis. It takes more effort than one would think, especially given how beaten down I usually am at the end of the work day. (Did I mention work sucks today!)

I've got a wedding that I'll be attending this weekend, and while I'm not sure, it appears that it will be outside! In late July! In freaking North Texas! Seeing as we've hit triple-digits every day for weeks over here, and we're not expected to get any rain this entire month, it's probably going to be a little warm. I definitely have no desire to wear my wool suit or any other such attire. (I'm a fat guy that sweats profusely - no need to exacerbate things!)

Well, I went out running unrelated errands on Sunday, and had to go buy some belts. And that's when I saw it ...

Here's what I look like ... IN MY MIND!You know, I own some pretty pimpin' things. I've got some gold, Elvis-style sunglasses with rose-colored lenses. I own the Tony Montana monogrammed Pimp Goblet. I even have two Dr. McNinja T-Shirts (one official, and one homemade). Sometimes, however, the pimpness just takes your breath away, and you must comply. And when the item is on sale for 60% below normal cost, you can't pass it up.

So now, I own a blue seersucker sports jacket! Tell me that don't kick some ass! I'll be nice and cool at the wedding, plus I'll look like Matlock. How is that not the coolest thing on the planet?

He makes Perry Mason look like a pussy!The only way things would be better is if I wore the jacket while using the Elvis glasses and the Tony Montana pimp cup. Actually, that sounds so good, I must do it. Let me repeat: this is an
idea so perfect, it must be
obeyed!! I'll make sure to take a picture or two of my wedding duds, so we can all bask in my pimpitude!

And yes, that's how bad things have gotten ... I've just managed to spend an entire post - the first in over a week - to discuss shopping for clothes. Could I be any less manly?

(Seriously, I'll try to do better with upcoming posts, both in frequency and subject matter.)

Until next time,
The Jim

2 comments:

Molly M said...

Ok, time for a new post. Seriously.

How about addressing these Olympic events:
Equestrian dressage - WTF?
BMX Cycling
Table Tennis

That is all.

Anonymous said...

Lol. Well your pimp cup matched our pimp cups at the wedding. Hey by the way, you're blogtastic. Thank your lovely wife and my favorite cousin for whoring out the url her myspace. Love you crazy kids! **Kristi**