Monday, August 11, 2008

The Slacking Continues

Honestly, I promise I haven't forgotten about this thing! I managed to recover from the illness just in time to hit a hefty deadline at the office. Yeah, yeah, I know ... excuses, excuses, excuses! Unfortunately, for the last few weeks, I barely ever find time to do the things I need to do (like fix up the house or exercise), much less the things I want to do (like write or learn the Ninja Death Touch).

I suppose if I had my dream job of Millionaire Comic Book Writer this wouldn't be an issue. Alas, my current job as Low-Level Engineer with a Closet for an Office is not as accommodating.

I think their second option was to drive to Alaska in a Mini Cooper.My wife is currently on a trip with her mother, grandmother, and her 2 chatty great-aunts. They went to the east coast of Florida - roughly a 1,100 mile trip. Did I mention that they all went together in a Honda Civic!! Needless to say, I don't feel bad I missed out on this little jaunt!

I'll make an effort to get back on a regular schedule. I've got about 5 separate posts half-completed, but just haven't had the time to finish them out. (Why is it that all of my recent posts sound like I'm making excuses for forgetting my homework?)

Until next time,
The Jim

No comments: