Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pardon our Progress

How about a little behind-the-scenes peek at the Ol’ Machine over here?  Squeezed in between my voluminous amount of work, the cleaning up that desperately needs to get done at the house, and my fantasy draft, I’ve actually been working on ways to improve the website.

First of all, I’m trying to incorporate an e-mail subscription list.  Some of you may have received e-mails from my first attempt, but I didn’t like the result.  Eventually, I’ll have a field on the site that you can send me your e-mail, thereby always receiving a note when the latest brilliance has been put out there by Yours Truly.  Unfortunately, my website provider is having trouble with their applications right now, so it’s still in the early stages.

And don’t worry about having your e-mail sold to some unscrupulous spammer.  First of all, my entire readership is personal friends and family, so that wouldn’t go over to well at Thanksgiving.  Secondly, I wouldn’t know who to sell them to in order to get me some sweet, sweet cash.  So you’re safe … for now!

I’m also working on a new method of posting to the site.  I won’t bore you with the technical details, but I’m hoping this method will allow me to provide a slightly more visually stimulating presentation than my previous work.  We’ll see how that goes.

As far as the content, who knows?  If you want to get a sneak peek into where I’ll be going with the website, take a look at my brainstorming notes below:

 

A look at the mind behind the madness!

(Click on the image to get the Big Picture.)

Until next time,

The Jim

No comments: