Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Complete Waste of Time

I am happy to report that I’ve completed the first round of site upgrades. As you’ll notice, there was practically zero change, making it well worth it!

I’m hoping I’ll now be able to be a little more creative with the posts, instead of the cookie-cutter options I previously had.

The bigger deal, however, is the subscription list is up and running. Click on the link in the top right corner, and input your e-mail. Once you’re part of the Grand Old Pollution Machine Party, you’ll get an e-mail on the rare occasions I post something.



Given my own attempts to fix up my site, I decided to do a search for web sites even worse than my own. Here are some of my favorites:

Ø Havenworks: Words escape me. I think it may be a news site, but it’s more like staring into the face of MADNESS!

Ø Virginia Driver Improvement Program: I think navigating this one is Virginia’s sobriety test.

Ø Fred Frap & His Imaginary Friends: Looking for a groovy musician in Florida? Then check out Fred. Apparently he’s accompanied by “acoustic guitar and his inner light.” (The inner light is apparently a giant, rectangular rainbow.)

Ø Alternative Transport Services: What’s freaking brilliant about this one is that they have a bad design, and then repeat it about 50 times down the length of the page.

Ø Scorpion Power Boats!: Scorpion Power Boats! SCORPION! POWER! BOATS!

Ø Truthism.com: Why is it that all internet kooks also create bizarrely bad web sites? You’d think at least one of them would have a talent for graphic design.

(Most of the above were located through Web Pages That Suck.)


Until next time,
The Jim

No comments: