Tuesday, March 17, 2009

This is EXACTLY Why You Go to College for Two Degrees!

So, how much do I love work right now? For the last 3 weeks, I've managed to average roughly 60 hours a week. I've had exactly one day off from work for the past 3 weeks, and I think there's a strong chance I'll be working some this weekend.

I'm not saying I approve of violence in the workplace ... I'm just saying I can understand it!

Here's a hint ... NOWHERE FUN!!Meanwhile, Mrs. The Jim was invited to go on a spring break trip to Florida for free with her buddy. So, as she's done roughly once or twice a year since we've been married, she's off on a solo vacation. Bear in mind, she also is scheduled to go with me to Austin for "my" birthday present, and as of yesterday, she's trying to plan a trip over the summer which I may or may not be able to attend. She really works at staying relaxed, especially considering she has no job and we have no money.

To be fair, I'm sure she'd like me to be able to take off with her for all these things, but who gets 6 weeks of vacation a year?

Of course, the work schedule means that - yet again - I don't have time for a proper post. I was hoping to be able to take off Thursday & Friday so that I could relax and bask in the NCAA Tourney, but it's not to be. I wish I could believe the claim that this will be the last week of work craziness ... but my skepticism is at "Amazing Randi" levels at this point!

Until next time,
The Jim

No comments: