Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Haiku Wednesday XXVII: The Inevitable

Amid the chaos,
Shrieks of grief resound for miles.
My winning streak ends!


Since the college football season has started, I've been in the mode to play some video football. I restarted my college football seasons on the Wii, and have played almost 4 seasons with fake Texas A&M.

I had gradually ratcheted up the difficulty on the competition and after some early stumbles, I just kept winning. I had a 39-game winning streak going into tonight. Alas, it finally ended.

It was a crazy game, with 15 combined turnovers, and with me almost coming back from a 31-0 deficit. True, it's extraordinarily meaningless, but it still pissed me off to finally see it all end.

Of course, what all of this really means is that my wife is staying in Fort Worth for 4 straight days due to school responsibilities, and I'm really, really bored.


Until next time,
The Jim

No comments: