Thursday, September 18, 2008

What was I Thinking?

Even though I usually struggle for blog topics, sometimes ideas for future posts spring up on me. Usually, they aren't fully formed thoughts; rather, they're little nuggets of ideas. When that happens, I'll either make a note, or start a draft post to be completed later. Right now, I've got roughly 6 partial posts sitting on the server waiting for me to get off my butt and turn them into cogent thoughts. (Aren't you anxious for that to happen?) Anyway, I only mention this to elucidate the following:

Roughly 10 minutes ago, I was going through my desk drawer in my office, putting something in there to file it away. On top of a stack of scratch paper, I found a ridiculous hand-drawn sketch I made. I remember making it, but for the life of me, I can't remember why. Nor can I recall what potential topic I thought this sketch would perfectly illustrate.

So, without further ado, I present to you ...


MY CERTIFIED MAN CARD

My parents would be so proud!
I don't know why I thought this was funny. I don't know where I was going with it. And to look at it now, it's just stupid (and more than a little sad). But more importantly than all that, I just can't help but wonder what kind of insane idea THAT was leading towards.

I guess the world will never know (and we're probably better for it).

Until next time,
The Jim

No comments: