Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Is it That Time of Year Already?

This, unfortunately, is not my boss.So it's time for my annual review at work. This time I was asked to write a review of myself, which would then be incorporated with my boss's review. As one can tell by reading anything on this site, I tend to get long-winded, so what should have been a one-page synopsis became a six-page rambling report.

The following phrases were actually included in my self evaluation:

  • fairly strong record of client interaction

  • Developed a methodology for improving speed and accuracy

  • I plan to further my growth in this area (That's what she said!)

  • Establish a reputation of dependability and capability

  • Established a cooperative and convivial work atmosphere (This is my favorite!)

  • Significant initiative and cooperation

  • Provide due diligence
Big words mean you're smart, right?Sounds like a heaping pile of crap, right? Upon further contemplation, here are some of the phrases I should have included, but didn't:

  • Will expand my ability to pretend to work

  • Will uncover the secret to the Super Soldier formula

  • Have evolved into a being of pure energy that shall control all mankind

  • Have never stabbed a co-worker (except for that one guy who CLEARLY HAD IT COMING!)

  • Continue to perform at the same high level demanded by the voices in my head

  • Grow in my mastery of Esperanto

  • Only the third time I saved a bus full of nuns
The business world would be much more fun if I was running things.

Until next time,
The Jim

No comments: