Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gather 'round the Camp Fire

So, I've got a little update on the job search front. My boss came in today from the home office in Louisiana, and decided to announce that, sure enough, they're closing the office here in Dallas. They've decided they don't have the resources to market in a second location, ignoring the fact that they were supposed to be finding jobs for us for 1.5 years, and didn't bother to do so. And let's not forget last year when I tried to do some marketing on my own, given that no one else would do it. That's when I got my hand slapped for doing something outside my job description.

In retrospect, they may not have had the greatest business plan in the world.

Fortunately, I've been told that the engineering firm next door - a firm with whom we've been working off and on - will gladly hire me on immediately. I haven't had that meeting yet (I anticipate it'll happen the beginning of next week), but I wouldn't be surprised at all if I actually end up making more than I do now, as well as receive whatever severance package my current firm is putting together.

All in all, things could be a whole lot worse. I'm still not sure this new firm is where I want to be working long-term, but I'm not in a position to be picky right now. Plus, it's possible that this new employer could really work out to my advantage.

All that being said, that still doesn't mean I don't have a little bitterness and anger for being transferred and immediately abandoned over here in Dallas. So, in that vein ...

THIS is my grill ...

I probably need to clean that.
THESE are my company's logo shirts ...

They never really fit me anyway.
THIS is my lighter fluid ...

Frontier: The preferred brand for spite-filled clothing fires.
(You probably know where we're going with this.)

Let's see what happens when you light this candle:

WHOOSH!
I think I was dizzy from the fumes at this point.
By this time, I was just enjoying playing with fire!
Bye Bye, Crappy Merchandising!











































By the way, these shirts ERUPTED into flames. They were clearly not flame retardant. I think if I had ever worn these things next to an open flame, I would have lit up like Johnny Blaze.

Until next time,
The Jim

2 comments:

Brian said...

Is that a new grill?

Unknown said...

I have to admit this post made me proud. I'm not happy about your troubles in the job market, but I'm glad that in the end this was resolved with the best solution: fire. Kuddos!