Tuesday, May 5, 2009

News Flash: I'm not as Cool & Quirky as I Think I am!

Ladies & gentlemen, I am about to present to you what may be the longest gap between setup and payoff in the history of the free world.

Back in July of 2007 2008 [thanks to Mrs. The Jim for noticing my error on the date], I had a family wedding to attend. After my purchase of a seersucker jacket, I decided my ensemble would include my Matlock-looking sports coat, my "Elvis" sunglasses, and a gold pimp cup with Tony Montana's initials. I even wrote about it quite enthusiastically. I don't exactly have an exhibitionist's personality, so this was a major thing for me. I mean, I thought I would be SO COOL. Little did I know how ordinary I would seem at this event.

Here's a shot of me getting prepared for the big day:

Sometimes I am a sad, pathetic man!
Yes, I actually thought this was a slick-looking outfit. You may not notice in this picture, but the cup does, in fact, have the T.M. initials in honor of everyone's favorite Miami businessman.

I actually thought I had been quite clever because this was an outdoor wedding, and North Texas can be brutally hot in late July. My Matlock jacket is incredibly lightweight and designed for summertime wear, so I knew I would be the most comfortable person there ...

Except NO ONE ELSE wore a jacket! Not even the groom! No, here's what he wore:

Coincidentally, I almost wore this exact same outfit at my own wedding!
That's the groom on the left, in the plaid pink tie, black kilt, iron cross belt buckle, sunglasses, and combat boots. It's hard to see, but he also has the spiky fauxhawk hairstyle going. It's not exactly my favorite hairstyle, but he seemed to pull it off.

OK, so maybe my clothing didn't stand out in this crowd, but wait until we get to the reception. I'm sure that will be a little more subdued.

Guess which setting was mine.
OK, so they had a pink and black theme, which is definitely a little atypical, but at least my "pimp cup" still stood out. I'm still cool, right? I mean, it's not like they had matching Bride & Groom Pimp Cups for the first toast.

From the Lil Jon Bridal Collection
Oh ... never mind!

Until next time,
The Jim



BONUS FOOTAGE

Bride & groom carried out the black and pink theme all the way. They even had a black & pink wedding cake (which was quite yummy):

They also had pink champagne, which I thought was pretty bad ass!
Mrs. the Jim humored me and drank from the Tony Montana cup:

That look?  That's my wife's 'You're mentally challenged' look.  I see it quite often.

2 comments:

sully54321 said...

Just for the record... the wedding was in July of 2008 not 2007. I want you to be honest to your craft... and I HATE that pic of me! peace

Jim L. said...

Noted & corrected