Monday, June 1, 2009

Does This Mean I Get to Meet Ice Cube?

Yesterday, I received an exciting and heartfelt e-mail. I thought I'd share it with you:

Subject: NEEDED URGENTLY‏
Well, you've definitely got my attention.

From: SGT.NELSON DILLON (dmdesigns@cox.net)
I would have thought a military guy would have used his military e-mail address, but what do I know? Let's hear this fellow out.

My name is Sgt Nelson Dillon, serving in the Engineering military unit in Ba'qubah in Iraq.
Hey, what a coincidence! I'm an engineer as well.

As you know, we are being attacked by insurgents everyday and car bombings.
Well, if my career has taught me anything, poor grammar is standard practice for engineers, so he certainly seems legitimate.

we found some money here in Baqubah in Iraq,
Wait a second ...

and We want to move this money out of iraq
... this sounds familiar ...

In my head, I keep singing 'WE THREE KINGS BE STEALIN THE GOLD' over & over.to a reputable/sincere person for investment purposes. We plan on using diplomatic means to shipping the money out as military cargo, using diplomatic immunity
... I've seen this movie. Three Kings! It was surprisingly great, and I don't even care for George Clooney that much.

This is the reason for contacting you.
OK, this doesn't sound right at all. The whole point of this plan is to secretly sneak money out. Why would you tell some random stranger?

Once the funds get to you,take your 30% out and keep our own 70%..
Oh, that's why.

OK, technically he's the Peacemaker, not a Peace Keeper, but the cover was too cool not to post.  I mean, wouldn't it be a better world if the UN was more like THIS?The only thing we require from you is just for you to help us find a safe place where the funds can be sent to,because Iraq is a war zone.
Well, I'm no expert, but I imagine there are plenty of ways. I mean, the UN certainly has a reputation for embezzling money, so maybe you can find your nearest "peace keeper." Then again, maybe I should just give him my bank account information? I mean, how could I not trust a U.S. Army Sergeant?

If you are interested get back for more details. Thanks, Sgt Nelson.
Oh, I'll definitely be in touch! FREE MONEY, BABY! What can go wrong?



It's good to know that in these hard economic times, con men aren't just resting on their laurels. No, they're not just pretending to be a Nigerian prince or a British attorney for a fictional lottery. Now they're swiping plots from blockbuster Hollywood films. Way to keep ahead of the curve, scam artists!

I'm just curious, though - is this the start of a trend? Will I soon get other such e-mails?

From; Doc Brown
Greetings, sir. I have traveled from teh future using a flex capacitar. I am contacting you,
because I need your help to use my future knowledge to make it rich so we can "Save the Clock Tower!" Just send me $20,000US, and I will use my Sports Almanac to make us wealthy. All I ask is to keep 30%. Contact me if you are interested.


Or how about this one:

Subject: ON A SEARCH
From: Sauron@darklord.netspeak.com

My friend! It has just come to my attention that a valuable piece of property has been dicovered. My ring whichwas illegally stolen from me will enable me to take a prime position in the market.

True, he's got a great vantage point, but there's no way he can gauge distance accurately from up there.Unfortunately, I am having trouble retreinving it. I have a swarm of employees, but they are little skilled at collection. Also, I only have one eye, so my depth perception is bad.This is wher you can help.
If you will just provide me with $33,000, I will be able to properly fund my search.for your share in our venture, you will be awarded 60% stake in all future earnings, as well as a "I won't slaughter your children" guarantee.
I think you for your time. Please contact me for more details.
Sauron D. Lord
MORDOR HOLDINGS LTD.


Until next time,
The Jim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh snap, this post is epic! greatest post of all time.

Brian said...

I suggest you write back to Sgt Dillon expressing concern for his plight and asking him a few questions.

Anonymous said...

Its funny cause i got the same email. I googled his name just for funsise and found is site.