Thursday, June 11, 2009

Road Trip, Bee-yatches!

Tomorrow, Mrs. The Jim and I embark on our summer/anniversary trip. I rarely take time off from work, and we rarely have any money to do anything, so a while ago we decided to save up for a decent trip. When it came time to plan it, though, it turned out we hadn't really saved all that much. So, we're leaving tomorrow to go all the way to ...

... San Antonio!

That's right, we're off to the land of basketball greatness, the best taco-themed mascot in the world, and the most famous basement in Texas.


True, it's not exactly far away or exotic, but I think it'll end up being fun. Regardless, it's almost assuredly going to be more enjoyable than our last summer trip to the extraordinarily forgettable town of Oklahoma City. (WHAT WAS I THINKING?)

We've got a nice hotel on the River Walk. I'm sure we'll go see the Alamo again, and we're tentatively planning on visiting Fiesta Texas. After that, we'll spend a couple of days 30 minutes away in New Braunfels, as we'll be going to Schlitterbahn, the world's largest and most famous water park. I'm not really a water park fan, and two days sounds like way too long for a normal water resort; however, anyone who has been there can tell you that Schlitterbahn is just that kick-ass!

I'll try to post some from the road, but in all honestly, I doubt that will happen. Regardless, I'm sure I'll have plenty of pictures from the trip. Plus, I have an innate ability to attract futility, so I'm sure this trip will go wrong somewhere along the way - and when it does, I'll be sure to report the gory details.

Until next time,
The Jim

Don't forget to get your entry in for the Crappy Art-A-Thon. All it takes is an e-mail to PollutionMachine[at]gmail[dot]com, or just sign up for the Mailing List.

Time is running out, and once we hit the deadline, you'll have to find another source for a finger-painting depicting the time Mr. Spock knocked out Wolverine. (Yes, that actually happened in a comic. And yes, it's as stupid as it sounds.)

1 comment:

Molly M said...

Have fun! I wish we were going with y'all!